Blanched Slivered Almonds
Crunchy Almond Cake
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
Using a food processor, grind together the whole almonds and the granulated sugar. Transfer to a medium bowl. Beat in the eggs, butter, milk, honey, vanilla, and orange peel until smooth.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the egg mixture and fold in until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Scatter the sliced almonds on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer the cake to a rack to cool. Sift confectioners sugar over the top just before serving.
- 20 years in business: top quality products made and handled right here in the USA
- Contamination-free facility: we take quality seriously and do not allow conveyor belts mixing products in our facility its all hand scooped
- Personal touch: when you reach out to us you are reaching out to me(Randy) or a family member. That's why our customers keep coming back!
- Smile guarantee: if you're not happy with our product please contact us for a refund.
- If you only buy this product once a month please consider us next time