Delicious Licorice Flavored Caramels. Smooth & Soft caramel infused with a licorice flavor. This unique flavored caramel keeps you coming back for more! If you LOVE black liquorice then we know you'll LOVE these caramels! Made only with creme, butter, sugar and milk! This product comes individually wrapped in a 1 lb. bag to make it easy to share with family and friends.
Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Half and Half, Sugar, Evaporated Milk, Cream, High Fructose CornSyrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Butter, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Vanilla, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Red 40, Blue 1, Blue 2, Yellow
Here is a nice recipe that you can try making with this product:
Chocolate licorice loaf cake with cocholate crumb and caramel:
- 350g licorice pieces, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 250g butter, cubed
- 1 cup (220g) castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1¾ cups cups plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 70ml buttermilk
- ½ cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dulce de leche, to serve
- Chocolate licorice crumb
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 100g castor sugar
- 65g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 85g butter, melted
- 1 tsp licorice powder*
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Place the licorice pieces in a small saucepan with half a cup of water and put on medium-low heat. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the licorice has softened to a pulpy, paste-like consistency (you may need to add a little more water as you go as the rate of absorption varies between licorice brands). Set aside.
3. For the chocolate crumb combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the melted butter and stir until the mixture starts to come together and forms small clusters. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the clusters out across the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Remove from oven (the crumbs will be slightly tacky to the touch) and allow to cool completely on the tray. Set aside about ½ cup of cookie crumb and toss with the licorice powder (if using) for topping the cake. (Store leftover crumbs in an airtight container for one week at room temperature or one month in fridge or freezer.)
5. For the cake grease and line a 25-centimetre loaf tin. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until pale and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, followed by the licorice puree, buttermilk and chocolate chunks.
6. Spoon batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the cake is firm to touch and just pulling away from the sides of the tin. Cool for a few minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To serve, place the cake on a platter, drizzle with dulce de leche and sprinkle over the cookie crumb and extra licorice pieces (if using).
- 20 years in business: top quality products made and handled right here in the USA
- Contamination free facility: we take quality seriously and do not allow conveyor belts mixing products in our facility its all hand scooped
- Personal touch: when you reach out to us you are reaching out to me (Randy) or a family member. That's why our customers keep coming back!
- Smile guarantee: if you are not happy with our product contact us for a refund.
- If you only buy this product once a month please consider us next time